- Differences between steel pipe bends and pipe elbowsDifferences between steel pipe bends and pipe elbows
Steel pipe bend is a bending pipe that used to change the pipeline direction. It is similar to pipe elbow, but differently, pipe bend is longer than elbow and usually manufactured for the specific needs.
So it depends on different bending radius (R) to distinguish bend and elbow.
In case the bending radius is more than 2 times of D (diameter), it is pipe bend.
In case bending radius in 1D or 2D, it is an elbow. (short radius elbow and long radius elbow).
How does the steel pipe bend make?
The pipe bend is bent by a set of bending equipment with two processes: Cold simmering and hot pushing. (Including bending, squeezing, pressing, forging, machining, etc)
Differences between Steel Pipe Bend and Elbow
Pipe bend and elbow both for change the pipe direction, still there are a lot of differences in the below aspects:
Bending Radius of Bend and Elbow
As we talked above,
Steel pipe bend radius: Above 2 times of D, so there are 2D, 2.5D, 3D, 5D, 6D, 7D or 8D pipe bend.
Steel pipe elbow radius: R=1D or R=1.5D or 2D. Below 1.5D is a short radius elbow, and more than 1.5D but not over 2D is a long radius elbow.
R is the radius of curvature; D is (elbow or bend) pipe diameter.
As the above picture, CLR could be in 1D, 1.5D, 2D, 3D, 5D, etc.
Different manufacturing processes
Bend: Could be bend directly from a finished pipe with cold bending processes, to different degrees.
Elbow: Shall be made according to standard manufacture procedures, with hot finishing or hot bending, to a certain degree, 45°, 90° or 180°.
Professional manufacturer of asphalt machines. Our sales and R&D team have over 10 years’ experience to focus on asphalt distributor, synchronous pavement surface vehicles and other road machinery and equipment.
Different applications scope
Bend: Compatible with slower liquid and lower pressure.
Elbow: Compatible with high pressure and rapid liquid.
Sometimes elbows must be used in narrow sections because the radius of curvature of the elbow is small, generally 2D, but the pipe bend could be up to 40D.
We supply steel pipe bend with below ranges:
Manufacturing standard: AISI B16.49
Material: Carbon steel, Alloy steel, Stainless steel
Material standards: ASTM A234 WPB, WPC, WP1, WP5, WP9, WP11, WP22, WP91; ASTM A403 304/304L, 316/316L.
Outer Diameters: 1/2'' to 48''. DN15 to DN1200
Radius range: R=2D, 2.5D, 3D, 5D, 6D, 7D
Degree range: 45 degree, 60 degree, 90 degree and customized.
Wall thickness: SCH 10, SCH 40, SCH80
Coatings: Black paint, galvanized, epoxy coated, 3PE, FBE
STEEL FITTINGS FOR PIPE CONNECTION
- Become A JS FITTINGS Customer
- Please send your message to us
The professional manufacturing capacity of JS FITTINGS strongly guarantee the high-quality products, competitive price and short delivery time.
- Free samples can be supplied. Customers need to pay for the courier cost, which will be returned in the following orders.
- All your inquiries will be replied in 2 hours and quotations will be supplied within 24 hours.
- Once the deposit is received during the contract valid time , JS FITTINGS will take full responsibility and obligation for accomplishment of the Contract.
- The urgent order with 100% prepayment has the priority of delivery.
- JS FITTINGS WECHATPlease scan the QR code and add JS FITTINGS in your contact list.Thank you!